(Incomplete and subjective) List of web app accessibility folks
- There's Ryan Florence Reach UI project - its aim is to become the accessible foundation of your React-based design system.
- Tenon UI follows the same goal and is created by Almero Steyn and Job van Achterberg
- Hugo Giraudel is currently working on the N26 online banking web app (read my interview with Hugo here) and writing about it: on their blog, on twitter and at conferences.
- The Australian Government opensourced their design system (MIT Licence) and supplies HTML samples, extensive accessibility meta data (Color impairment simulation, Keyboard tabbing simulation, typical mobile and desktop screen reader output...) - and last but not least ready-made accessible React components (direct link to their GitHub repo.)
- Scott Vinkle has created an inclusive React Demo App (Source code and wrote the article "Creating accessible React Apps"
- Starting January 17th, 2019 you can add Marcy Sutton to the React side of things. In her past she helped the Angular project's accessibility
- Vuetify is based on Google's Material Design System which supplies a solid accessible foundation for Vue components
- Alan Ktquez, Callum McRae, Victoria Bergquist and others have started the vue-a11y project and, until the time of writing, released vue-axe, vue announcer and vue skipto.
(I must confess, I have no overview of the angular a11y world, so I can only present the one Angular finding in my "accessibility" bookmarks)
- Emiliy Mears both writes about inclusive strategies for React and Vue on Medium
- Rob Dodson, who published, among other things the great a11ycasts video series, which has a large overlap with the accessibility of web apps
- Deque has to ressources:
- An ARIA Widget Library, over at the Deque Academy, which is also highly recommended for educational reasons
My aim would be to update this very blog post very frequently in the near and medium-term future. In the near future because I surely forgot people and projects, medium-term because I expect the web app/Single Page App/web component expertise to grow. A development that, given the way we put content and functionality on the web today, is imperative.
- Added designsystem.gov.au / React
- Added Deque's ressources / General
- Added Scott Vinkle & Demo App / React
- Added Lindsey Kopacz / General