Module Release: ProcessWire Accessibility Tools
I created a small, but hopefully growing toolkit for creating accessible ProcessWire sites. Right now it consists of the following little helpers:
- tota11y visualization toolkit by Khan Academy
- A toggle button to see view site in grayscale. The w3c recommends checking your page without colours to see if your design still works (accompanied by a colours contrast check, which is part of tota11y)
- A link to test your webpage with WAVE, webaim's Web Accessibility eValuation Tool. By the nature of this tool, the website under test must be available online, local hosts won't work.
Once you have downloaded PWAT, go to your module Install page and click "Check for new modules". Find "ProcessWire Accessibility Tools" and click "Install". During installation, PWAT creates a new role 'pwat_user'. To use the Accessibility Tools, you have to grant user this role.
Following, you can start configuring the module.
PWAT starts with only the tota11y script activated. On the configuration page you can decide
- whether PWAT is visible on admin pages
- if tota11y is active
- if the grayscale toggle is active
- if the link to WAVE will be visible
- The amazing tota11y visualization tool by Khan Academy
- Inspiration: Paul J. Adam's bookmarklets
- Inspiration: WordPress wa11y Plugin